Tuesday, October 20, 2009

God's Call

I have felt challenged in many ways since moving to New Orleans. The past few weeks have been particularly difficult. I could tell you all about the things that are not going as planned--but it would be misleading because those things would give the impression that things aren't going well. Rather, things are just not going how I planned! Apparently my plan is not what God intended--maybe one day we will get on the same page. I still feel at peace with my decision to serve in New Orleans. I feel like God has called me to this place. So I thought I would share with you what I love about New Orleans and being a YAV.

Things that have kept me going this month:

-Until this weekend it was still 90 degrees outside. It cooled down some but I still don't need a coat
-Running for a cause. You should donate! http://pages.teamintraining.org/la/mardigra10/autley
-Free concerts at the park
-A friend at church who is also trying to figure out the path God is calling her to follow
-The idea that maybe God is calling me to Metairie Ridge simply to be an example of how young adults can work and dedicate themselves to the church (thanks Kathy!)
-Being able to play the piano whenever I want and exploring new worship music
-Learning to play the ukulele
-Talking about what it means to be a Presbyterian with an elderly woman as we waited in line for a flu shot
-Looking at Casey's church website and blog and seeing her dedication and passion for music ministries
-Pecan Praline Coffee
-Exploring my bible and learning how to back up my faith with scripture
-Starring at a candle in silence with my roommates--taking time to reflect, process, and pray

1 comment:

  1. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." -proverbs 16:9

    ReplyDelete