Monday, January 25, 2010

Who Dat

It has been an interesting week here in New Orleans. I don't know whether to laugh at, be offended by, or join in the Saint's frenzy. At church on Sunday there were Go Saints signs at the front of the church--right next to the pulpit! Two weeks from now when we play in the super bowl I am not sure anyone will be at church. The streets of the city were silent last night as the Saints played and ruckus after the win. Even in our neighborhood, everyone was out in the street celebrating the victory.

I was in North Carolina in 2004 when the Panthers advanced to the super bowl and for the Tar Heel Championship in 2005. I went to several huge games in my two years at Ohio State. But--I have never seen anything like the party in New Orleans last night! I can not even imagine what the Super Bowl will bring. No doubt it will be a good time here in the Who Dat Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment