Tuesday, September 29, 2009

busy weekend

It has been a busy few days in the Big Easy!


Thursday night we went to usher university. It was super boring but I am now an official volunteer for the Mahalia Jackson theater (only recently reopened). My roommates and I signed up to usher several shows including Cats, Tosca, and Yo-Yo Ma! This means we get to see all these shows for free--although I will probably be standing in the rafters at Yo-Yo Ma.

Friday night Dan and I went to the Seafood Festival. We split a shrimp po-boy (the best I have had so far) and an order or fried alligator. I don't think I will eat any more alligator. There was also live entertainment (because there is always live entertainment in New Orleans) and lots of dancing. Afterward we had some coffee and good conversation. These moments, sitting around talking about faith and theology, are what I love about living in intentional Christian community.



Saturday I managed to talk everyone into going to the beach even though it was supposed to rain all day long. It was very cold and rainy when we got there but after only ten minutes it cleared up. We saw a water spout out over the ocean--very cool--and by the end of the day the sun even came out.

1 comment:

  1. Allie, I am so happy that you decided to keep a blog. Yours is more up-to-date than mine right now but I love your pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete