Monday, September 14, 2009

Women's Retreat

One of the first things I was invited to attend at Metairie was the women's retreat. I thought it would be a great way to meet people, a place to share my story and a time to hear stories of others. Then I found out it was a silent retreat...

I was not excited when my alarm went off on Saturday morning, mainly because I didn't get much sleep (we went to hear an amazing trumpet player at the Blue Nile the night before). I also dreaded the retreat because I am not very good at being quiet. To make matters worse, the first thing I recieved at the door was a journal. I am already blogging and now I have to write in a journal too? It was asking a lot.

The retreat was not so bad. In fact, it was truly a blessing to be there. Being still and quiet in the presence of God and a community of strong Christian women was a powerful experience. My journal ended up being a long list of questions. So many times in my life I have been filled with questions and doubts but Saturday my questions were different. Rather than leave me feeling frustrated and lost, they gave me a sense of energy and inspiration. I can not wait to explore all these questions--to grow in my faith! And what better time or place to do this? I am surrounded by people of faith who are ready and willing to walk this journey alongside me. Thanks be to God! Stay tuned for blogs exploring the many questions written in my retreat journal....

1 comment:

  1. So since you mentioned questions, I completely understand. I had a day on Sunday unlike anything I have really experienced before. I am full of questions and am looking forward to trying to find the answers as I spend more time here. Good luck and if you ever want to chat give me a call.

    ReplyDelete