Friday, September 25, 2009

It has been a difficult week for me at work. This will probably be reflected in the scatteredness (that isn't even a word) of this posting. Things are very quiet and not too busy. Being an extrovert, it is draining for me to be in an office all day with only one other person and sometimes by myself. I am tired, but not discouraged. I have always been a very busy person, often putting in 14-16 hour days. I like this lifestyle and it allows me to push aside things that are difficult or not much fun. It probably isn't' the healthiest lifestyle. It is my tendency to want to do things. Part of being in mission is not always doing but sometimes just being. The idea of accompaniment was introduced to me in orientation and is still a concept I think about a lot. I am still trying to decide what it means, especially in the context of my year in New Orleans.

I have spent a lot of time this week playing through music that might be appropriate for a casual/contemporary worship. I came across this song in Faith We Sing. It was exactly what I needed to sing and hear this week. God challenges us because it provides us opportunities for growth.

"Come and Find the Quiet Center"

Come and find the quiet center in the crowded life we lead,
find the room for hope to enter, find the frame where we are freed:
Clear the chaos and the clutter, clear our eyes that we can see
all the things that really matter, be at peace and simply be.

Silence is a friend who claims us, cools the heat and slows the pace,
God it is who speaks and names us, knows our being, touches base,
making space within our thinking, lifting shades to show the sun,
raising courage when we're shrinking, finding scope for faith begun.

In the Spirit let us travel, open to each other's pain,
let our loves and fears unravel, celebrate the space we gain:
There's a place for deepest dreaming, there's a time for heart to care,
in the Spirit's lively scheming there is always room to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment